Wikoff Combs’ Tax Principal, Manoj Samaranayake, CPA, is responsible for the firm’s tax and accounting clients and has over 25 years of experience in public accounting and the private sector. He carries extensive experience in a variety of industries specific to Hawaii and specializes in providing tax compliance and consulting services to corporate, individual, partnership, and non-profit organizations.
Prior to joining the firm, Manoj spent approximately 20 years in public accounting working in the Honolulu offices of PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP, its successor firm, Accuity LLP, and Deloitte. He also spent 5 years in the private sector as Tax Director/Manager at Bank of Hawaii corporation.
Manoj is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and Hawaii Society of CPAs.
Manoj grew up in Honolulu, attended Mid Pacific Institute, and holds a bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Management and a Master’s degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Taxation from the University of Hawaii at Manoa.
Over the years, Manoj has been involved with many organizations in a volunteer capacity. He currently serves as the Board Chair for the Tax Foundation of Hawaii and as a Finance and Audit Committee member for Make a Wish Hawaii. His past community involvement includes:
- Board member and Finance Committee Chair of Make a Wish Hawaii
- Board member of the Hawaii Council of the Humanities
- Board member and Finance committee member of Catholic Charities of Hawaii
- President of the Tax Executives Institute – Hawaii Chapter
- Treasurer for the American Liver Foundation – Hawaii Chapter
- Served on two Governor-appointed terms as a Board of Review member for the State of Hawaii, First Taxation District.
Over the years, Manoj has also enjoyed spending time as an instructor in various tax and accounting topics in a variety of forums, including being an instructor for the Becker CPA Review Course.